- Of course the most complete listing easily available to all in the D. C. community is THE CURRENT NEWSPAPER - It's distributed throughout the city on Thursday. Giving about 30 minutes to this each week would enable you to discover almost all the events I've culled for the listing for five or so years.
- Most government and cultural agencies have mailings and Internet listings of free events. They can easily be made available to you weekly and monthly. A list of just a few of those I have used are:
- NATIONAL ARCHIVES
- VARIOUS SMITHSONIAN MUSEUMS
- NATIONAL GALLERY OF ART
- POLITICS AND PROSE BOOKSTORE
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
- MANY EMBASSIES
- MANY LOCAL AND EVEN NATIONAl UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
- George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- American University
- Johns Hopkins University
Thursday, August 24, 2017
A continuing alert that I have discontinued publishing. - It's been fun communicating with so many!
Reduced energy, too much travel and too much excitement in life at 91 keeps me from continuing to publish this weekly listing of free cultural events. BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS that notice of events is easily available to all of us.
And periodically I may "throw out" a mention about something special that caught my eye and put it on this blog site.
And I'm continuing to "have my say" occasionally about life as I see it at:
I've given lots of thought to the current one,
FIVE FACTORS INVOLVED IN CREATING THIS FULFILLING LIFE OF MINE!
I hope you will have time to check it out.